Monday, July 06, 2015

Mac Lipstick - Girl About Town (Amplified)

  I am not the biggest fan of magenta, yet MAC Girl About Town is truly a beautiful lipstick.

  MAC official website describes it as a bright blue fuchsia. Most swatches I saw on internet display it as almost a hot barbie pink, yet I think Girl About Town is one of those lipsticks vary based on your skin tone and skin colour. The paler and more pink is your skin, the brighter and more blue this lipstick shows. On my NC25-30 skin with prominent yellow undertone,  Girl About Town appears as a vibrant neutral fuchsia and does not excessively emphasize the yellow from my skin. 


* Girl About Town with clear gloss
  It has the typical vanilla fragrance of MAC lipsticks and I have no problem with fragrance in makeup. Amplified formula is not moisturizing at all and I always top it with some gloss to sooth the dryness. It has good longevity and able to hold approximately 6 hours. 


  A cheaper and more moisturising alternative is Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop which is the sheer sister of MAC Girl About Town. Revlon Lollipop also has slight shimmer and gives glossy finish instead of satin finish. 
  Since MAC Girl About Town is quite long-lasting and leaves a touch of stain after its wear, often I put on MAC Girl About Town at home and carry Revlon Lollipop on the go for touch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment