Friday, September 07, 2012

August Favourites - Cheap and Cheerful

I have been extremely busy with work & uni the last two weeks and now I cant wait for spring break coming! Here is a quick post showing products I was loving in August. My skin was extremely unstable and suffering from allergy  last month (dry patches, rush, sting!). Hence I used minimum products and majority of them were from drugstore. cheap and cheerful :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer gives nice coverage and the shade matches my skin quite well. However, it is not the best concealer for covering under-eye circles.

(Purchased from Sasa) K-palette 24h Tattoo eyeliner has been featured nearly by every well-known Asian bloggers. I completely understand the rave of it because IT IS AMAZING and possibly THE BEST I HAVE TRIED! Its fine tip allows you to create a dark and clearly defined eye line effortlessly. THE BEST!

Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof does not have the most amazing volumizing/lengthening power, yet the reason why I love it is because of its ability of keeping my lashes curly all day. To me, it is a miracle product as no mascaras before it could keep curl for my short and straight down lashes.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lush Celestial Moisturizer was the only product saved me in this winter. Its thick and heavy consistency helps to retain moisture to my skin and smooths the sensitivity/allergy my skin experienced. Highly recommended to all with dry and sensitive skin. (good for winter at least!)

(Purchased from E-chemist.co.uk) La Roche- Posay Nutritic 5% I used it to substitute over normal eye cream. As my skin around eye area became exceptionally sensitive, normal eye creams I used did nothing and even irritated my eyes sometime. La roche rosay products are renowned for being gentle, this product undoubtedly did a good job for me :)

(Purchased from Sasa) Kose Softymo Super Point Makeup Remover is a very gentle makeup remover and doesnt irritate/sting my eyes even if it gets into my eyes by accident. Yet, it isnt strong enough to remove waterproof eye makeup so I do need to use Loreal eye and lip makeup remover to remove MAC fluidline and Covergirl lashblast waterproof.

Dove Intensive (Hand) Cream is an inexpensive hand cream you can easily find it at priceline/pharmacy. I like to keep it in my purse as I do have a tendency to lose my stuff lol (I keep my Crabtree n Loccitane at home)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nail Polish of the week -Revlon Tropical Temptation
It is a lovely nail polish with nice formulation and smooth application. An interesting thing is the color alters depends on the lighting. Under sunlight/yellow tone lighting, it looks as a pinky coral. But in other lighting (including artificial light) it is a warm bright pink.

6 comments:

  1. Everyone raves about the K-palette eyeliner! LOL I need to try it =D Your nails are lovely! What a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the covergirl lashblast for the exact same reason as you :)
    But I still live for the hope of finding one that does it all - hold the curl, lengthen and volumise, lol.
    Pretty nail colour! Great for the coming warmer weather~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved lash blast for a long long time! Its such a great and affordable mascara!


    I am having a giveaway on my blog with beauty goodies from Asia. Hope you'll check it out ^_^
    http://www.mishialamode.com/2012/09/gifts-from-asia-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im going to try maybelline falsie waterproof and have high hope on it. hopefully it will be as good as the covergirl one >_<
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaa its worth the hypes though it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore eyeliners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice favourites hun! I absolutely love Lush, I can't go by the store without going inside. With the Celestial cream, what does it feel like after you apply it? - does it absorb into the skin or does it feel like there is a moisturising later on your face? Thanks for dropping by my blog~

    ReplyDelete