Thursday, September 20, 2012

Oops.

The latest M.A.C 'Office Hours' collection really caught my attention because I love its pink explosion commercial. I was excited and waiting for it to be launched in Australia. Now the collection is eventually available here. 
But I forgot one thing: I forgot how much we need to pay for M.A.C makeup in Australia. Looking at the price, Im completely turned off and get back to my illamasqua, lancome and inglot -_-

Pro Longwear Lipglass: $19.50 in America, $43 in Australia :/
Pro Longwear Eyeshadow: $21 in America, $48 in Australia. Over 100% markup!
Im pretty sure I wont buy anything though I have my eye on some lipglasses  :(

As Jodik76 (my ultimate favorite youtuber!) suggested, we always pay more than American due to the difference of market size/population/economic scale etc.
Though I know nothing I can do to change it, I still feel frustrated how much extra we are actually paying, at least for makeup :/ The worst thing is that nowhere I can get guaranteed authentic M.A.C products online. Other brands like Lancome, YSL, Urban Decade I know where to look at online, but not M.A.C :(


(image courtesy: TheSundayGirl)

3 comments:

  1. you could always do a massive haul with a friend and buy from the american site, then get it shipped to a forward shipping service.


    http://vintage-eclectic.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh can you get a nice American girl to CP these MAC goodies for you? I would have never thought the ad is from MAC, it is so different from their usual style!

    ReplyDelete


  3. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider
    adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.





    Thanks!





    Angela

    angelabrooks741@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete