Monday, February 20, 2012

I hate GlossyBox .\_/. not dislike but HATE!


Carmex, Elf, nail file, proactiv cleanser sample, an unknown brand lip balm

Sheer cover lip color and a moisturizer sample, nivea sample, ultraceuticals moisturizer sample, kosmea cleanser sample


Things I dislike

Product I received:
What I received in the last three months were nivea sample, auscreen sample, elf (from $1 line in the US), nail file, carmex etc, which are basically all drugstore brands. I know very few lucky people received bobbi brown and estee lauder samples but most people did not :/ I just don't think it offers much value.

Delivery:
Every time I was the last group to receive glossybox. Endless waiting. Meanwhile, I remember in my first subscription, Glossybox sent me five/six tracking numbers but in fact none of those were actually related to my parcel. No tracking number was provided for my January and February glossybox :/

Little card:
Every box comes with a card introducing products included in the box. Once they put a wrong card which was not about products in my box). Also, I noticed couple spelling mistakes on the february card :/ 


Things I hate

Missed out my order:
GlossyBox said they would send all beauty boxes earlier in February in order for subscribers to receive their boxes before valentine's day. I was waiting for a week and still didnt get any my parcel/ tracking number. I emailed Glossybox and their reply was that they mistakenly put my information in a wrong file blahblahblah. Saved some BS, they just forgot to/didnt send my glossybox out. 
I asked for a refund instead (it was 17Feb already and I was the last on earth who still hadnt received the subscription), they just emailed back real late and said they had just sent it out :/ WTF

Same product:
If you read my post before, you might know I dislike the carmex lip balm from december glossybox. It really bugged me when I received the same product is in february glossybox, Again :/ SUCKS


Basically my experience of subscribing Glossybox is really unpleasant, I genuinely do not recommend this subscription service provider :/
It is great if you received decent products and enjoy your Glossybox. But in the past three months, all I felt was disappointment and I  will not subscribe Glossybox again.

25 comments:

  1. Me toooooooooo! So glad someone feels the same way I do :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look slimy from afar >o<

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought this was one of the best box around so when I learned that they were coming to Canada, I could not wait to try it out, but I was insanely disappointed. I'm not a fan of this concept anyway but sometimes, some boxes are worst than the others...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgsh that's terrible :( It's so bad that you have a bad experience with them!

    They should really keep track of what they send out to people!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just updated the post with the reasons of my antipathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive cancelled my subscription. its no point to spend money on bad products :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emailed them before but they just said Glossybox was designed for ppl to try out different beauty samples blahblahblah
    Basically no solution or effort to improve :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately I got ' relatively worse boxes' thrice :'(
    After trying glossybox, I think this concept/service doesnt really suit me
    I prefer spending money on products Im interested in, rather than receiving random samples which I may never wanna use

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a terrible experience! Although the concept is really cool, it doesn't seem they've got the resources to give customers a better range of products~

    ReplyDelete
  10. your glossybox looks pretty nice! ours here in germany has suck ;/
    btw thank you for your comment on my blog, I'm following yours ;) nice bog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow yeah that's pretty bad, and you're right ELF is only $1, i was lucky that they sent me good samples for Glossy box so I don't feel so ripped off, perhaps its also a country thing cuz they just started in canada so want a good rep (so put in better stuff)? regardless theres no excuse for giving you wrong tracking num and wrong info sheet!!

    www.popchampagneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, too bad that you didn't enjoy it >_< It doesn't sound too good to me ~ 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dont worry..I have a good news :)

    I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway currently, where you can win $100 worth of jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

    Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
    ♡ StylishByNature.com
     

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah, i think this months glossybox sucks.

    sometimes they're good with really expensive products, but sumtimes, tehy do really sucks !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Yeah, it's not cool that you only end up getting low-end products, I mean, that defeats the purpose of subscribing to a sample service, right? You should be entitled to get stuff that you normally wouldn't be able to get at your local drugstore.

    It's a shame, but there are plenty of services out there that offer better samples (methinks!). ^~^

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a shame you got products you didn't like :( 
    But there are plenty more other beauty subscriptions out there :) !

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg that's terrible! I've heard some really bad things about Glossy Box. That's why I didn't sign up to it. I signed up to Lust Have It and the Feb box wasn't too bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no, that's terrible! Thanks for sharing.

    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg that really sucks! Doesn't look appealing at all =(

    ReplyDelete
  20.  The whole point of subscribing to a sample service is to try things at a low cost so you don't have to buy a full priced item to see if it works for you or not. The samples could have been better but I'm glad I also got the Proactiv because I feel like everyone with acne-prone skin should try since it's one of the most hyped up acne lines.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know bellabox had silver lip tattoos last month and some other really bad products. I'm gonna stick with glossybox for a while longer because I feel like i've used everything i've received.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it is fair that everyone subscribing/subscribed to glossybox has different perception/acceptance on products received.speaking of my experience, I think the things really pissed me off are the late shipment and even missed out my subscription.

    ReplyDelete