Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Salvatore Ferragamo Gancini Icona Saffiano Continental Wallet - New Moka Brown

I first saw Salvatore Ferragamo gancini icona continental wallet on some Japanese fashion magazine about 10 years ago. I instantly fell in love with its classic design and always consider it as my dream wallet.
Two months ago Salvatore Ferragamo had a massive sale and I finally got my hand on this wallet.
After 50% off discount, it came down to AU$393 which is still exorbitant for a wallet but on a lower spectrum relative to other luxury brands.




The colour I chose is called 'New Moka' which I describe it as a neutral milk chocolate brown.
The shade is not fancy or eye catching but  it does not get dirty quickly.
However, my wallet has an obvious dent in the front and it is a big flaw! I did not pay attention to check on the leather before I had paid :'(



This wallet comes with 7 card slots. 1 window flap, 1 zip coin compartment, 1 major bill slot and 4 sneaky slots for receipts, bandage or misc. Although 19cm x 10cm is a standard size for long wallets, this Ferragamo wallet is quite a thick wallet. Mine goes up to 3cm when it is filled with cards.





Metal hardware of this wallet is gorgeous and adds a vintage touch without being dated.

These photos with carpet on the back were taken 2 months after use. Til today, none of the hardware is faded, damaged or rusted. Foil embossed logo looks perfect and wear and tear is not pronounced. Overall this wallet still looks mint. I am deeply in love with this wallet and I am using it for the next 5 years if not longer.

----------------------------------------------
I took some photos when I first got it two months ago. They are way too exposed (from natural sunlight haaa) and the colour isn't true. I decided to put them up to the blog anyway so you know this wallet really does hold up well :)








No comments:

Post a Comment