Thursday, December 26, 2013

Favourite Eye Shadow 2013

Maybelline Expert Wear Eye shadow Quad - Natural Smokes
It has everything I need for daily eye makeup and very handy to carry around. The matte light beige is very subtle to highlight inner corner and under brow bone. Two shimmery shades pose as eye shadow and that matte dark brown works perfectly to fill my brows and eye line. Yet the pigmentation is not the best and you might use a primer to enhance its colour payoff.
Revlon ColorStay 12 Hr Eye Shadow - 02 Coffee Bean
My ultimate favourite quad from drugstore! It has three mattes and a shimmery bronze. It is hard to find good matte eyeshadow from drugstore, but all the matte shades here are very pigmented. The eye shadow retains soft, buttery texture and looks beautiful on eyelids. I love using this quad in autumn or winter and it is perfect to match it with red lips <3 font="">


Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow
I love inglot eye shadow! Excellent colour payoff and buttery texture. There are so many different colours and finishes to choose from. I am sure you will find something you like if you visit an inglot store. The price is fairly affordable compared to MAC, Gorgeous Makeup, Napoleon and other brands. All the staff I met from Inglot stores in Melbourne were very friendly, helpful and absolutely gorgeous! Good CS is always a bonus :)!
(I wont recommend Sydney Bondi branch though. There is not any customer service provided besides two staff members stood there and stared at you. pfff)


The Balm Shady Lady Vol.2
I got this palette from an online sale and it only cost around 20 bucks (quite a good price) ! I like the colour selection which offers enough flexibility but also practicality. This palette has quite a few neutral shades and my favourite is Insane Jane (a silvery taupe)! Mischiveous Melissa, Makeout Mary and Bossy Bobbi are beautiful as well. However, the eye shadow is slightly powdery and creates quite some fallout. Generally the pigmentation is acceptable. Particular shades including Bossy Bobbi and Feisty Felicia need to be assisted with a primer and layered up .

Swatch
  

7 comments:

  1. Love your inglot palette & the colours youve chosen! I've always wanted to try inglot but the closest one to me shutdown :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find The Balm around without buying online. Seems like such a good brand from all I've read!
    Never had the chance to try Inglot yet. *_* Ahh, so many things I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to try out Inglot eye shadow like u :)
    Kiss from Malaysia
    would you like to follow each other?
    Gfc / google plus: http://sunrise-emily.blogspot.com
    Please, let me know! ;)
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for dropping by my blog ^_^
    great selections of eyeshadows. Nudes and taupes are definitely the way to go, I have the revlon palette in a different shade and was very impressed by the quality!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love it ally our fav, I never tried before Inglot but after read your post I´m interested to tried this brand. Now I´m following you in GFc and G+ I hope your follow me back in both!
    xx


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. clearly you have a hting for browns. and for good reason! so easy to use and great for a put together look.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have yet to try Inglot eyeshadows, I've heard so many good things! Though it's a shame that the staff weren't very helpful at the Sydney branch...

    ReplyDelete